Monday, December 31, 2012

The Year 2012

I just wanted a place to examine the last year of my life before I begin this new adventure 2013 has to offer.  I think this year has definitely been a year for growing for me... found some inner strength I never knew I had. 

I know I don't have big highlights like a lot of blogs I've found but I do have a few and that is my choice to capture my memories in scrapbooking as well as the choice to run.

I used to be obsessed with scrapbooking in my younger years - literally hoarding stuff from Archivers and Hobby Lobby. I know I'm 26 but I learnt to hoard early.  once I met some amazing friends in the group of Smashaholics - I began to thrived on their creativity and now I'm addicted to actually putting my supplies to use.  

                      

                     

                     

                    

Than there's my running- if you know me at all- my version of working is laying on the chair while my finger pressed the remote key. I hated taking stairs and walking to work- which is only a few blocks away. So what in heck was I doing trying to run? 

I wanted to lose weight - because the reason I had put it on was behind me. I started slow and worked at it- before you know it running was a part of my life. My first 5k was definitely a top moment in my life- the connection between runners as if you're not alone but yet you are running your own race. Coming in to the finish area, people cheering for you- they don't even know you but they know you did something amazing. I ran 3 miles without a zombie chasing me- I ran because I wanted to and even though I didn't medal- I got the biggest prize of all. Accomplishment.  This feeling has never died and I still get chills thinking about each of my races. Fitness has definitely taken my life in a positive direction this year. 



There's tons more I could say about 2012 but these are the two important things that have come this year. I couldn't be more thankful for the friends I've met on the Smashaholics group on Facebook as well as the undying support of my family and family. Without these things, 2012 couldn't have been half as exciting as it was. 

2 comments:

  1. Xoxoxoxo Renee! I hope you have an even better 2013! Can't wait to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was stopping by from the Smashaholics group. Your layouts are outstanding! Awesome style!

    ReplyDelete