So its a little bit past the halfway point of 2013 and I thought I'd re-examine my 2013 goals I made for myself.
If you missed that post - I made a layout with all my fitness goals and I failed to write a post on my personal goals but I'll write about that here... now.... 6 months later.
Run 100 Miles- ACCOMPLISHED
High Goal - Run 125 Miles- ACCOMPLISHED
- Well according to DailyMile.com I've already ran 168 miles this year! I can't believe how fast that happened, its only July! I guess I didn't realize how easily that can add up.. especially considering I haven't ran anything over 4 miles this year at all. THOSE LITTLE RUNS ADD UP PEOPLE! :P I'm very excited that I already knocked this out of the ball park... guess next year I know to not underestimate myself.
Run a 10k
High Goal- Run a 1/2 Marathon
- I'm training / working on amping my milege for the 10k so .. this one is in process!! I'm hoping to sign up for the 10k that is in town in the fall.
Run a Mud Run
- The one I thought I was going to sign up for has passed ( silly me forgot to sign up :( ) but I'm going to look for something hopefully around the area.
Do 10 Organized Runs
High Goal- Do a Run a Month- FAILED
- This year so far I've done the Brew and Stew (March) Color Run (May) CWC 5k (June) Biggest Loser (June) Expand Horizons (July); which adds up to 5. Half way there... and I failed the Do a Run a Month high goal. I didn't work on that as hard as I could have.
Wear a Size 8
High Goal- Weigh 140
- So this is my please don't judge goal; I know I'm a runner, maybe I should be more fit but we come in all different shapes and sizes. But so far- this hasn't been achieved on either account. Slow process. I'm also not 100% working on this one either as I could be.
Try 2 New Work Out Classes
High Goal- Try 4 New Work Out Classes
- Earlier this year I did sign up for Dance Party and took a session of that. It is like Zumba but their own little spin on it. I enjoyed it but toward the end work was scheduling me til 5 or 6 so I was either late or missing out. I haven't signed up for classes since as I 'm afraid of that happening again and they haven't offered Yoga either which has made me sad.. ahhh, but thats not a new class for me. I'm hoping to try Kettlebells or Pump-It soon.
Read 5 Books
High Goal - Read 10 Books
- If you know me, this was almost a unrealistic goal but I want to get in to reading so bad. I always fail this one each year I try to tell myself I'll read more. I have 5 more months to make this sucker happen. At least maybe one :P
Make 25 12x12 layouts
High Goal- Make 50 layouts
-So far I've made 22 layouts, I'm already close to passing my first goal- I just need to take more pictures so I have more things to scrapbook! Ahhh, must take more pictures! :)
Watch 10 New Movies
High Goal- Watch 15 New Movies
- Yeah I'm not much of a movie person, but I did watch Eat Pray Love.. Yes old, but new to me! :) I need to take advantage of my netflix plan more, I usually end up holding a DVD hostage for months on end as I forget to send the sucker back. But I'll work harder!!
So here's to an awesome second half to 2013!!